Monday, August 9, 2010

God's Promise to Us

Hello there friends. This is my first blog ever, and I hope this is the first of many.
My goal in my life is to live for God. That is why I am alive, that is my passion every day, to give God glory. If you are a christian and you are reading this, I hope my blogs will help strengthen your relationship with Jesus. If you are not a christian; meaning, if you are some one who does not claim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, I hope and pray that my blog will expose God and His powerful word to you.

I will start off by saying I am nothing but sin. I have sinned against God. And because of that, I was once with out hope in my life. I once had no relationship with God, I was once God's enemy. But by grace God has saved me through the power of His one and only son, Jesus Christ.

If many of you are like me, which I know all of you are, much of your lives are constantly battered with the following:
  • sin
  • problems with school
  • relationships
  • friendships
  • loved ones
  • future goals
  • present anticipations
  • hopes for a future wife or husband
  • etc.
Sometimes in my life I want to scream. All of these are examples of things we all want or have/don't have, and we deal with them every day of our lives. Quite often we can easily become overwhelmed. Life is hard, many of us have emotions that usually are like roller coaster rides. So where do we find comfort? Where is our hope? Our only hope is found in Christ, but here is what God's word says:

"O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires, I will make your pinnacles of agate, your gates of carbuncles, and all your wall of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you." ~Isaiah 54:11-14

My message is for you to hope in Christ. He is the propitiation of our sins, and through Christ is the only way we can know and understand God. I plead with you to read all of Isaiah 54, pray and meditate on what God says. It is rich with and filled with God's promise of  an eternal covenant of peace with us.

God's Promise to us:    The Eternal Covenant of Peace

1 comment: