Let's just face it, this next sip is ok. I mean it is only one. I am not hurting anyone. It's not sin. I mean Jesus drank wine. So I am fine. My life is all good. God forgives sin, it is ok to mess up sometimes. Wait. I need to text my ex girl friend. It's ok. This time is different. I am going to change everything. I mean really. This time is different. But I am tired. I worked so hard at work last night. I deserve a Sunday off. I think I am just going to sleep in this morning. It's all good, I believe in Jesus.
WAKE UP!
Are you serious? Are you kidding me? You actually claim the name of Christ, and you are ok with your life looking like the rest of the world? You are ok with sin in your life, so you justify your mistakes because you know God forgives sin? You still text your ex, and you think you can fix the problem, when God doesn't want you with that person any way? And now you have decided to sleep in and miss church?
My friend, wake up, sin has a grip on you. Don't be led astray by the passions of your flesh. We are called by Christ to crucify ourselves, pick up our cross, and follow Him. Don't try to justify your sins. God is not happy about sin. He killed his son for it. Jesus died so that you would not suffer the wrath of God. Do you realize that your sin gets in the way of you loving God?
"How blessed is the man who does walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted next to streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and it's leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers." ~Psalm 1:1-3
So you say you believe in Jesus? Ok. Try not walking a life the resembles the wicked and perverse generation. Try delighting in the law of the Lord day and night. Be like a tree firmly planted next to streams of water, be rooted in God's word. Be someone that prospers in everything you do. I promise you this, you can not do any of those things unless you have been given a new heart from God. Only if God has saved you from your sins, given you a new heart, made you a new jar of clay, only then can you hold Living Water.
Have you tasted this Living Water?
No comments:
Post a Comment