Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Some Thoughts of the Night

I don't know about you, but my life is often busy. I am always on the go. And a lot of times, I feel like I don't have enough time to relax and meditate on how good God is. Reflecting back on my past and now where my life is heading, I see so clearly that God has totally brought me a long way.
Oh, how wretched of a man I am! But God in His goodness and great mercy has shown me so much grace. In my times of meditation, it is such a sweet time to just be one on one with God. One thing I hope you can also relate with me about is "why does God love a sinner like me?" It is unbelievable to me that I am forgiven of my sins. I truly believe that if myself and other Christians spent more time meditating on the fact that sinners worthless and helpless like we are, are in fact no longer condemned, would completely transform our lives. And even so, bring a deeper, more satisfying relationship with God.
How often do you meditate on God and His powerful Word? Start doing it everyday! The Bible is loaded with amazing verses to meditate on. But here are several truths and verses of scripture that may help you in your times of meditation:
  • All things are possible with God.
  • "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." ~Romans 8:28
  • "but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers." ~Psalm 1:2-3
  • God is good.
  • "remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility." ~Ephesians 2:12-14
  • "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." ~Isaiah 40:31
  • "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." ~1 John 2:1-2
  • God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment