Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Prayer of the Night

Father God, I come before you with all my burdens. Father, I need you every day. Forgive me of my sins, for they are many.

I find great comfort in my Redeemer. For Lord only you alone establish my steps, only you alone ordain all the events that unfold in my life.

Lord, I want to echo  the words of your prophet Jeremiah, for he said, "I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. Correct me, O LORD, but in justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing." ~Jeremiah 10:23-24

Heavenly Father, bring joy, comfort and peace to my life. Dress me in the robes of your righteousness. My God, I desire to be your instrument, and I pray you equip me with a heart and mind that delights to do your will.

My God, you are my God, and you reign in my heart. Give me faith that is obedient to you or I will surely perish in darkness.

Lord, lead me in the everlasting way, for your law is upon my heart. Bless me with wisdom, guide me with your word, and strengthen me with your promises, for they last forever.

I pray in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment